EDO/DIY event on 25 January 2011
The next EDO event will take place on Tuesday 25 January where we will be returning to the London College of Fashion for another DIY Exhibition, exhibiting examples of the best editorial design from 2010.
Those of you who joined us for last year’s DIY show Exhibition will know how it works. In case you didn’t make it along, the evening is a chance to have a few free drinks and share your favourite pieces of editorial design from the past year.
The exhibition consists of tear sheets or carefully copied/scanned files from your favourite magazines of last year. The work will be pinned to walls rather than framed and hung. The resulting exhibition will be an informal snapshot of 2010’s best work. We hope to have a bit of fun and initiate some discussion.We are, therefore, inviting all attendees to select a single piece of editorial design from 2010 – one spread, or a single cover/page – and send it to us, at the address below, for exhibition. You can choose anything you like – your own work, your team’s or someone else’s. It can be from the UK or abroad. The only criteria is that it is editorial design (magazine, newspaper or web) and first published during the 2010 calendar year.
This is all we ask you to do:
• Select your favourite piece of work
• Cut it out from the magazine, print it out, or CAREFULLY photocopy it. These are the actual pieces we will exhibit.
• Write a brief note giving the name and issue date of the magazine, your name and job title, and optional explanation why you made your choice.
• Print your note in 12pt Verdana on a single A4 sheet of white paper.
• Paperclip the pieces together
• Deliver/mail to the following address by Thursday 20 January:
Dominique Miller, EDO Administratio, 137 Hale Lane, Edgware, Middlesex HA8 9QP
Entry to the Exhibition will be free to all renewed EDO members (unless you joined after October 2010, all memberships are now due for renewal) or £20 for non-members and £10 for student non-members. A renewal form is available from Dominique Miller firstname.lastname@example.org
As we expect this event to fill quite quickly, you will still need to reserve your place by completing the attached booking form and returning it to the EDO Administration at the address above.